For use with Saxon Math Home Study
(may be used in place of Meeting Strips provided by Saxon, or as an independent warm up for any math curriculum)
I created these worksheets for my kids to use with Saxon Math Grade 3. I found them easier to use than the meeting strips provided by Saxon.
Especially for the "Problem of the Day", which you are instructed you to write on a 3x5 card every day. Instead, I typed a question in the appropriate space on each day's work sheet.
This format will SAVE YOU TIME and EFFORT preparing for each day's Math Meeting! Additionally, if your children prefer to work on their own, this allows them to easily complete the Math Meeting with limited input from you.
These worksheets coordinate with the curriculum copyright 1994. They would probably work with other editions as well, but I'm not sure.
I have included 5 days of Work Sheets on each page. There are 28 pages total (140 lessons). The format of the page changes slightly as the lessons progress. For the most part, each Work Sheet has the following spaces:
- Lesson # (filled in)
- Today's Date (student fills this in - I provide more space than the Saxon version used in later lessons - it was hard for my kids to write out the full date in the space they provided)
- Clock (filled in for the days the student is to set the clock, blank for the days student reads the time)
- Math Sentences (3 numbered spaces for the student to write in - 1 space only after lesson 119, because a new pattern format requires more space)
- Pattern (filled in with the starter pattern for each day, student evaluates and fills in remaining spaces. Place for the "Rule" is provided)
- Coins (spaces for total value, quarters, dimes, nickels, pennies, and total # of coins - coins are not used in early lessons)
- Change from $1.00 (Used in lessons after 107. The amount spent is filled in, and student fills in how much change should be given)
- Problem of the Day (filled in with a story problem for each day and necessary data)
For copyright reasons, I have not used the original word problems on these work sheets. The word problems which I have used on each day's worksheet are very similar to the word problems given in the Saxon Math Grade 3 Home Study Edition. They use the same units of measure, the same type of wording and reasoning skills, and will result in the same math sentences. The results provided by the Saxon Math curriculum will fit these word problems as well. To check your child's work you may have to substitute girls for boys, or cats for dogs, etc. The numerical results or math sentences which are given in the curriculum for each day's word problem will match the corresponding work sheet.
(Word Problem found in the Saxon Math Home Study Edition, lesson 3)
Marcia's grandmother is coming to visit a week from tomorrow. What date is she coming to visit?
(Word Problem on Work Sheet #3)
Amy's first soccer game is a week from tomorrow. What date is the soccer game?
View and Print Samples:
Please look at the photo and sample pages closely, and email me if you have ANY QUESTIONS. Several sample pages are available for free download if you would like to see more detail. Please make sure that you are able to open and print the sample pages BEFORE you purchase these work sheets. I have done my best to make sure all worksheets are correct, but there may be errors. If you find an error, I will correct it if possible, and send you a corrected sheet if you wish.
- Sample Warm Up Work Sheet #51 - 56 [pdf file 25k]
- Sample Warm Up Work Sheet #106-110 [pdf file 12k]
- Sample Warm Up Work Sheet #121-126 [pdf file 12k]
I made these work sheets as a homeschool mom to make my homeschool day run more smoothly. My hope is that they will do the same for you. If you are not happy with these worksheets, please let me know! If I can't fix it, I will be glad to issue a refund.
Here is some of the positive feedback I have received on ebay for the Grade 3 work sheets:
- "The item was just what I needed!!" - jejjebarrera
- "Highly Recommended, saves ALOT of time! Thanks" - lindysflowergarden
- "What a time saver these printable sheets are for me!!!" - tily4
- "Easy download, was as seller described." - grandmacof7
- "I love these sheets! Makes it so convenient! Thank you." - artsci123
- "An absolute must have. Very well put together." - cherrylw2
- "Awesome. The product was better than I hoped." - kchappy84
These work sheets are provided in pdf format. You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader (or a similar pdf reader) to view and print these pages. Adobe Acrobat Reader is FREE and can be downloaded here
Download Instructions: Download link will expire in 7 days!
- After your purchase is complete, you will have immediate access to download the pdf file.
- Please SAVE the file on your computer. The download link is only available for a limited time (about 7 days).
- If you opted to pay by check, I will approve your order as soon as I receive your check, and you will be notified.
- If you paid using PayPal, your receipt and download link will be sent to the same email as your PayPal account. This is automatic and I cannot change it.
Printing for Multiple Families or Schools
I believe that if you purchase these work sheets for your children, you should be able to print as many copies as you need for your family. If you find the work sheets useful and would like to share them with your friends, I would ask you to direct your friends to my web site. I have priced the work sheets low enough so that each family can afford to purchase their own set. If you are a teacher of students other than your own children, and would like to use the worksheets for your classroom, there is a classroom purchase option available.
These worksheets are not published by Saxon Math and are NOT endorsed or affiliated by Saxon Math in any way. They are an independent supplement designed to work with the Saxon Math curriculum. They may be used instead of the blank meeting strips that Saxon Math provides. I found them helpful, and I hope you will too.
Are work sheets available for other grades?
Grade 1 Work Sheets and Counting Book
Grade 1 Weather Stickers
Grade 2 Work Sheets
The format of Saxon Math changes significantly after the 3rd grade. I did not find any additional work sheets needed for Saxon 5/4 or above.
This product was added to our catalog on Sunday 29 August, 2010.